The Tasting Room
Enjoy the experience of tasting the rich offering of wine varietals created from nature’s bounty in the Western Cape – a region famed for the quality of its wines – none more so than Grande Provence Estate. Taste for yourself just why so many of these handcrafted wines have come to the attention of wine judges both nationally and on the world stage.
Grande Provence offers a variety of unique wine blending experiences for our guests to enjoy. Guests receive three varieties to enable them to blend their own style of wine. A wine Ambassador will guide guests through the process showing how and why certain varieties harmonise better than others. After corking their bottle, guests can then enjoy their own individually blended wine at home; a beautiful memento from the day.
Groups larger than 20 guests will be divided into smaller groups and the winning group will each receive a bottle of their wine blend. The rest of the group will take home a bottle of our Angels Tears wine.
The duration of your blending experience will be approximately 1 hour.
We can accommodate up to 60 guests for Wine Blending activities. Please contact our events team for groups larger than 60.
PACKAGE 1: WINE BLENDING ONLY
R 400.00 per person
PACKAGE 2: WINE BLENDING SESSION WITH PICNIC LUNCH
R 700.00 per person, including picnic lunch at The Bistro
PACKAGE 3: WINE BLENDING SESSION WITH 3 COURSE LUNCH
R 845.00 per person, including 3-course lunch at the restaurant
PACKAGE 4: WINE BLENDING SESSION AND 3 COURSE LUNCH WITH OUR WINEMAKER
R 1,250.00 per person, including lunch at The Restaurant
- Picnics are only available from Oct – Apr annually. Picnics are weather dependent.
- Blending with the Wine maker is not available during harvest season (Jan – Apr annually) and always subject to wine maker’s availability.
- Advance bookings are required 3 days prior to blending experiences.
- Groups with eight guests or more for lunch at the restaurant are presented with a signature 3 course set menu.
- Packages exclude lunch beverages and 10% gratuity.