Wine of origin
Alc/Vol 13.30% | pH 3.51 | R.S. 2.8g/l | TA 6.2g/l
The grapes originate from specifically selected vineyards in the Stellenbosch and Durbanville areas. Special attention is given to make sure that grapes are exposed to enough sunlight during the ripening period and this results in full juicy berries with character and flavour.
This medium bodied wine shows an abundance of gooseberries, fig and guava on the nose that is typical to the varietal. The palate is full and concentrated, balanced by a zesty acidity that finishes with a lingering aftertaste.
Enjoy with vegetarian dishes, salads or lightly seasoned seafood or chicken dishes. This is a lovely food wine, but can also be enjoyed on its own.
- Gold – Wine: Fresh/ Crunchy category, The Sommeliers Selection Awards 2016, South Africa
- Gold – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016
- Silver – Veritas Wine Awards 2015
- 3½ stars – Platter Wine Guide 2015
- Gold – Decanter World Wine Awards 2014
- 2014 – SAA Premium Class Listing
- Silver – International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC), October 2011
- Bronze – SA Veritas Wine Awards, October 2011
- Gold – Michelangelo International Wine Awards of South Africa 2011
- Silver – Mundus Vini Great International Wine Award 2011