Wine of origin
Alc/Vol 13.7% | pH 3.49 | R.S. 2.2g/l | TA 5.2g/l
The Chardonnay grapes come from the valley of Robertsvlei in Franschhoek, known for its cooler climate and ideal for the cultivation of this prestigious variety. Open canopies allow for lots of sunshine supported by moderate rainfall. A longer ripening period resulted in grapes filled with concentrated fruit flavours.
An elegant, full bodied wine with outstanding fruit and wood integration. Experience citrus, almonds and creamy flavours on the nose and palate, with nuances of vanilla. The wine has a soft and well balanced mouth feel with an elegant, lingering finish.
Matured for 11 months in 50% first fill, 30% second fill and 20% third fill 500L French oak barrels. Enjoy this wine now or mature for 2-3 years from vintage.
Enjoy this beautiful wine with smoked fish and creamy seafood dishes. Also works well with roasted pork or chicken.
- Gold – Wine: Elegant/ Classy category, The Sommeliers Selection Awards 2016, South Africa
- Wine by the Glass, Trophy – Wine: Full/Rich category, The Sommeliers Selection awards 2015, South Africa
- 4 stars – Platter Wine Guide 2015
- Silver – Michelangelo International Wine Awards of South Africa 2014
- Silver – Decanter World Wine Awards 2014
- Gold – Vitis Vinifera Awards, South Africa, October 2013
- Silver Best in Class – International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC), October 2011
- Silver – SA Veritas Wine Awards, October 2011
- Silver – The AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge 2011