Wine of origin
Alc/Vol 13% | pH 3.18 | R.S. 4.2g/l | TA 7.7g/l
Grapes originate from specially selected vineyards in the Durbanville area. Cold air from the Atlantic Ocean flows through the hills of the region to cool down the vines during warmer summer days. Special attention is given to make sure that grapes are exposed to enough sunlight during the ripening period and this results in full juicy berries with character and flavour.
This medium-bodied, wine shows an abundance of fruit on the nose combined with greener aromas typical for cool climate Sauvignon Blanc wines. Flavours of ripe fig and fruit are prominent on the palate and are well balanced by a zesty acidity. The wine finishes with a lingering aftertaste.
Enjoy with vegetarian dishes, salads or lightly seasoned seafood or chicken dishes. This is a lovely food wine, but can also be enjoyed on its own.
- Gold – Wine: Fresh/ Crunchy category, The Sommeliers Selection Awards 2016, South Africa
- Gold – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016
- Silver – Veritas Wine Awards 2015
- 3½ stars – Platter Wine Guide 2015
- Gold – Decanter World Wine Awards 2014
- 2014 – SAA Premium Class Listing
- Silver – International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC), October 2011
- Bronze – SA Veritas Wine Awards, October 2011
- Gold – Michelangelo International Wine Awards of South Africa 2011
- Silver – Mundus Vini Great International Wine Award 2011