Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate considers the interests of society by taking responsibility for the impact of our activities on our customers, suppliers, employees, community and other stakeholders, as well as the environment. This obligation extends beyond the statutory obligation to comply with legislation; we take further responsibility to improve the lives of all our employees and their families as well as our local community.
At Grande Provence
- All Grande Provence farm workers are housed in cottages on the Estate.
- All employees and their children are included in community events held on the Estate:
- Ongoing skills development and training is given to semi-skilled staff members.
- Ongoing training schedule for all staff members, thereby investing in our community
- Contributing to the university fees of a member of the Khayalistsha Choir.
- Supporting the work of the Out of Africa Children's Foundation.
- Develop The Grande Provence Music School for a development initiative for local children aged 12 - 18 during the school holidays.
Caring for our environment
- Farm workers have removed non-indigenous vegetation from the Estate.
- We have to date planted approximately 800 indigenous trees.